+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: CBS5 and Randy Kollins.

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    219

    CBS5 and Randy Kollins.

    I've noticed his absence during this sweeps period and he has been replaced by the new traffic girl at CBS5 for weather?
    She is so green (figuratively speaking), her chroma levels are making my TV set buzz.

    She announced during the recent cold wave that the storm would pass fast and "be out of the Arizona area quickly".

    I appreciate what the station on Black Canyon is trying to do, but as Clint would say "a man should know his limitations"
    Her traffic reports aren't much better.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2,641

    Re: CBS5 and Randy Kollins.

    Maybe they're out of money. Kent and SEEEEEEN are pretty expensive!

  3. #3
    Inactive
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    3

    Re: CBS5 and Randy Kollins.

    It's not a money thing! It's a management thing. Look at the talent these clowns have lost over the past few years, Jon Dupre, Jeff Kelly, Mike Harvey, just to name three.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,239

    Re: CBS5 and Randy Kollins.

    On Thursday Steve Garry was on. 'Traffic Girl' Julie Durda was on Friday. I also thought Julie was a little rough maybe because she didn't have a good chance to prepare. According to KPHO.com, Ms. Durda has a degree in Meteorology.

    As I mentioned on this board twice, Randy Kollins isn't a good morning guy. He is a little too stiff. He would do well on weekends. He also used to 'uhmm' a lot. He isn't on the website so they must have gotten rid of him.

    Speaking of KPHO.com, this is how they list (rank) their anchors: Dana, McLaughlin, Anaya, Sullivan, Chamberlain, Wofford, Crites. The reporters are in alphabetical order.
    http://www.brian4.com

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    219

    Re: CBS5 and Randy Kollins.

    Quote Originally Posted by brian4


    Speaking of KPHO.com, this is how they list (rank) their anchors: Dana, McLaughlin, Anaya, Sullivan, Chamberlain, Wofford, Crites. The reporters are in alphabetical order.
    I wouldn't read into that (at the least, try not to).

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,239

    Re: CBS5 and Randy Kollins.

    Quote Originally Posted by brian4
    Randy Kollins ... isn't on the website so they must have gotten rid of him.
    Always good to quote myself Even better to print a retraction :-X

    Kollins is still with 5. He did the weather this morning.
    http://www.brian4.com

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2,641

    Re: CBS5 and Randy Kollins.

    Quote Originally Posted by desertskies
    Quote Originally Posted by brian4


    Speaking of KPHO.com, this is how they list (rank) their anchors: Dana, McLaughlin, Anaya, Sullivan, Chamberlain, Wofford, Crites. The reporters are in alphabetical order.
    I wouldn't read into that (at the least, try not to).
    I read a WHOLE lot into that. That is considered the current pecking order at CBS 5. It is probably the SALARY order as well.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,239

    Re: CBS5 and Randy Kollins.

    Quote Originally Posted by formeraa
    It is probably the SALARY order as well.
    If it's the salary order (I think it is) I feel bad for Sullivan and Wofford who have been at KPHO the longest.
    http://www.brian4.com

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,239

    Re: CBS5 and Randy Kollins.

    This is getting weird. Here is CBS5's morning show weather reports:
    Monday: Kollins
    Tuesday: Kollins
    Wednesday: Steve Garry
    Thursday: Julie Durda
    Friday: Durda
    http://www.brian4.com

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2,641

    Re: CBS5 and Randy Kollins.

    Quote Originally Posted by brian4
    On Thursday Steve Garry was on. 'Traffic Girl' Julie Durda was on Friday. I also thought Julie was a little rough maybe because she didn't have a good chance to prepare. According to KPHO.com, Ms. Durda has a degree in Meteorology.
    Just a slight correction: kpho.com says that Julie is STUDYING to get her degree in Meteorology.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  




     
Our Conferences
Useful Contacts
Community


Contact Us