+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shane Brother Shane on WBEN

Re: Shane Brother Shane on WBEN

Quote Originally Posted by SirRoxalot
    In my experience, Shane certainly took "the self-aggrandizing thing" seriously. On the "nice guy" scale, Shane and Tommy Shannon would be polar opposites.
    Some guys come off like that and once you tell them to cut the crap they laugh and become your best friend.

As much as I like Joey Reynolds I was always afraid of meeting him for fear he would turn out to be a jerk. That would spoil the image.

I can't take someone on the radio having a big ego seriously. I have done it and it's not brain surgery.
    Out of the money demo...all the way out!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Sheridan
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRoxalot
    In my experience, Shane certainly took "the self-aggrandizing thing" seriously. On the "nice guy" scale, Shane and Tommy Shannon would be polar opposites.
    Some guys come off like that and once you tell them to cut the crap they laugh and become your best friend.

As much as I like Joey Reynolds I was always afraid of meeting him for fear he would turn out to be a jerk. That would spoil the image.

I can't take someone on the radio having a big ego seriously. I have done it and it's not brain surgery.
    I've often wondered if brain surgeons ever say, "C'mon, we can do this, it's not radio..." Where's that damn face smiley emoticon?!
    Opinions and posts subsequent to and/or referring to this post may be incorrect and do not necessarily represent the opinion of this writer. Not responsible for statements made by other posters.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Sheridan
    Which is what makes that attitude problem all the more incongruous. Or is that "in Congress"???
    Here we go again...

Quote Originally Posted by JimPastrick

Where's that damn face smiley emoticon?!
    Try asking in "Ask Radio-Info" and you'll get an answer. :-)
    My iPhone is my Digital Radio via WiFi or 3G

"As much as I like Joey Reynolds I was always afraid of meeting him for fear he would turn out to be a jerk. That would spoil the image."

I did meet him in, IIRC, 1979, when he dropped by WBEN. He was anything but a jerk--he was, in fact, the same personable, friendly guy you hear on his current national overnight show. Others who know him far better than I do say the same thing--the mature Joey Reynolds is the same guy both on and off air, and they like him.

Quote Originally Posted by JimPastrick
    I've often wondered if brain surgeons ever say, "C'mon, we can do this, it's not radio..." Where's that damn face smiley emoticon?!
    And there should be a good punch line to this one: what does a brain surgeon say to a rocket scientist?

Quote Originally Posted by Bob1370
    "As much as I like Joey Reynolds I was always afraid of meeting him for fear he would turn out to be a jerk. That would spoil the image."

I did meet him in, IIRC, 1979, when he dropped by WBEN. He was anything but a jerk--he was, in fact, the same personable, friendly guy you hear on his current national overnight show. Others who know him far better than I do say the same thing--the mature Joey Reynolds is the same guy both on and off air, and they like him.
    That's great to hear Bob. I guess I should have made the trip to WBZT in West Palm Beach when he was there and I was living in the area. I think that in addition to being funny he is often insightful. I don't go along with the shock jock title only because I don't recall him saying something offensive. He knows where the line is and doesn't cross it unlike some others.
    Out of the money demo...all the way out!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12