+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gary McHenry

Gary McHenry

Haven't listened to WFLA 970 AM in a long while... and maybe I missed something here... but what happened to Gary McHenry???
    wtrl, wynd, wspb, wqsa, wbrd, wklv, (all am), Tempo 6 News (1974-75 cable version of bay news 9) , wduv-fm, wmlo-fm, wsrz-fm... weekends on wxlt-tv 40...very little money made.. but a lot of fun times and great memories... all 1970-1998...

Re: Gary McHenry

He had a stroke several years back.

Yeah, but he had been back on the air after that, wasn't he??? Nothing on WFLA's site or even Tedd Webb's Where Are They Now site...
    wtrl, wynd, wspb, wqsa, wbrd, wklv, (all am), Tempo 6 News (1974-75 cable version of bay news 9) , wduv-fm, wmlo-fm, wsrz-fm... weekends on wxlt-tv 40...very little money made.. but a lot of fun times and great memories... all 1970-1998...

I haven't been listening to WFLA much lately, but I'm pretty sure I've heard him doing traffic recently. I remember at the time marveling at the fact that he still has a gig. It's a beautiful thing, that guy is a legend.

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric
    I haven't been listening to WFLA much lately, but I'm pretty sure I've heard him doing traffic recently. I remember at the time marveling at the fact that he still has a gig. It's a beautiful thing, that guy is a legend.
    The last time I heard him doing traffic I was up super early (5 am or so) but that was also earlier this year

Most days, I heard Daisy Ash doing traffic on WMTX and WXXL. Recently I heard another guy doing reports on WMTX while Daisy was still on WXXL.

I've been paying closer attention to the radio the last few weeks, and it's become pretty obvious that Gary's not on the air. I'm surprised no one here has the dish on this. Gary's a link back to the salad days of talk radio in this area. Hope he's OK. I know he's had health problems in the past. Can anyone provide some clue?

Gary McHenry is fine, he's still in the building doing traffic. I'll tell him you all said hello, maybe he'll pop on himself.

James
    James D Burlander<br />jamesburlander@clearchannel.com

I see Gary almost everday. As James said he is fine and has been working out of the Gandy building for sometime now.

r

Didn't Gary once record traffic out of his house after he stopped flying the helicopter?

I was under the impression G-Mac did his traffic reports entirely via ISDN now. In a BTLS song during the 98 Rock era, "Ned" pointed out how McHenry is "just a [expletive] slouch; ain't in a plane, he's doing traffic from his [expletive] couch."
    [size=2]NOTE: If this is the last post in this thread and you wish to reply,<br />[color=blue]hit the REPLY button below... [color=orange]NOT the quote button above.<br />[color=purple]The result: less clutter, and less aggravation for our blind members.<br /><br />[size=3][color=maroon]Thanks!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast