+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chicago Radio Ratings: July 2013

Chicago Radio Ratings: July 2013

Chicago: http://ratings.radio-online.com/cgi-bin/rol.exe/arb005

Overall age 6+ publicly released data for subscribing stations for the July 2013 survey period covering Thu. 6/20/13-Wed. 7/17/13.
    Next survey period will be for August 2013 (covering Thu. 7/18/13-Wed. 8/14/13) with the data release date being Tue. 9/3/13 (delayed one day due to Labor Day holiday).

AllAccess PPM Ratings Analysis with demo breakouts for July 2013 (scroll down for Chicago):
    http://www.allaccess.com/net-news/ar...sive-july-ppm-

Re: Chicago Radio Ratings: July 2013

Look what has happened to a long time heritage radio station WLS AM!! And everyone coments on WLS-FM. They are holding their own, even with the change in music. I wonder if the AM is feeling the effects of no Don Wade and Roma!!

Quote Originally Posted by radioaircheck
    Look what has happened to a long time heritage radio station WLS AM!! And everyone coments on WLS-FM. They are holding their own, even with the change in music. I wonder if the AM is feeling the effects of no Don Wade and Roma!!
    WLS-AM used to be one of the highest rated stations in Chicago! Then Cumulus took over.

But at least they beat I-101.

Quote Originally Posted by RayInChicago
    Quote Originally Posted by radioaircheck
    WLS-AM used to be one of the highest rated stations in Chicago! Then Cumulus took over.
    Cumulus is amazing. They seem to have a special talent to take successful stations and ruin them.

El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles del Río de Porciúncula

Quote Originally Posted by radioman148
    Cumulus is amazing. They seem to have a special talent to take successful stations and ruin them.
    Irrespective of one's opinion of Cumulus and the cloud people, the damage to WLS (AM) was done by Farid, Citadel and Associates. In fact, that crew pretty much did in some of the other legendary AM stations from the already long-in-the-tooth ABC portfolio, the most notorious being KGO and KABC.
    www.americanradiohistory.com
    Broadcasting Magazine and Yearbooks, RCA Broadcast News, Television Magazine, Radio Annual, Radio News, Sponsor, Television/Radio Age, R&R, Duncan's American Radio, M Street Directory, Broadcast Engineering, db, and more.

Wow, Channel 7 and 94.7 are about the only viable things left at 190 North State!

Please someone send WLS-AM 890 and WIQI 101.1 FM a life jacket. They're drowning and sinking like the Titantic.
    I grew up listening to WLS and would have gone crazy without them in the 70's and 80's. Of course they played music then, but I don't want them to go down the drain. Listened to Q-101 a lot in the 80's and early 90's 'til I moved to Nashville (now in NJ) ..... but who cares about me ...just save the stations! Get new management or change formats. They need to stop acting like rim-shots (and maybe some even have higher ratings) ...remember, guys, you're in the 3rd largest city in the country. Get your ____ together!

^ Well, Merlin just sold their station in Philly and they sold off in NY last October. Maybe they're not doing anything with 101.1 because they're holding it until they can sell out of Chicago. Otherwise, they need to bump 87.7 up to the better 101.1 signal.

The last time WLS-AM had ratings like that was twenty-five years ago when the decision was made to change from music to talk.
    “The heart of nearly every home was its radio. Radio has always kept us up to date on any subject. Radio is your friend, We’ll always be here for you, our friends, our listeners. Radio never an intruder, always a guest.” . . . Edith Bennett 1931-2013

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast