+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Heidi West out at WSRS morning show

Heidi West out at WSRS morning show

Saw where Scott Fybush reported that Heidi West is gone from the morning show after only a year and a few months.

Checked online:

http://www.golocalworcester.com/news...-morning-show/

Her quote about her next radio opportunity leads me to believe she was asked to resign.

Greg Byrne flies solo again for now.

Who wants to be the first to suggest that Karen Blake should get the job? :

Re: Heidi West out at WSRS morning show

She was not asked to resign. She resigned on her own with no coercion on the part of CC.

Was listening briefly in the 9am hour this morning and heard Amanda Giles on with Greg. Greg thanked her for helping him this morning and keeping him organized. Sounded like more than that. She was on-air and sounding very much like a morning show co-host. Isn't/wasn't Amanda a Magic 106.7 personality at some point? She isn't listed on their website now though. I don't know how often Amanda has been on-air with Greg since Heidi left but from this morning's brief listen, I think Greg just might have found his new co-host.

Quote Originally Posted by WMC2006 View Post
    Isn't/wasn't Amanda a Magic 106.7 personality at some point? She isn't listed on their website now though.
    I believe she was Morning Magic's producer... seems like WSRS would be a good fit.

Heidi might be moving out of New England to be closer to Jaybeau Jones, who currently works for SiriusXM's '70s on 7.

On Jaybeau's bio (http://www.siriusxm.com/70son7) it states:

"Jaybeau lists HIS heroes as his kids Jordan and Matthew, as well as his sweetheart Heidi also a DJ!"

This solves the mystery, Heidi West joins WAQY in Springfield. Here is the story from masslive.com

http://www.masslive.com/entertainmen..._entertainment

Jaybeau still lives in New England.

Must be something about Springfield for former Worcester radio people. That's where Chris Zito went (and still is at Mix 93-1) following his short stint with Karen Blake at WODS/Boston.

I think WSRS is slowly starting to go downhill. It seems like they're starting to have more syndicated programming than local programming. They've had Delilah for years, but they also have Jana, Jim Brickman, Tom Kent, and old reruns of AT40. I'm gonna say the only good thing about the station now is the AT40 reruns. That was always one of the few national radio programs that I actually liked.

Quote Originally Posted by reelyreal View Post
    Jaybeau still lives in New England.
    Most of the Sirius XM stuff is voicetracked anyway. He probably does his from a home studio wherever he lives.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast