+ Reply to Thread

Thread: D.L. Hughley coming to WZAK

D.L. Hughley coming to WZAK

WZAK 92.3 has announced that comedian/TV star D.L. Hughley will begin a new nationally syndicated PM drive show starting Monday.

Hughley will essentially replace Michael Baisden, whose long running national PM driver was canceled by Cumulus in a contract dispute.

Dallas personality Skip Murphy had been doing essentially an interim show for the past few months.

Re: D.L. Hughley coming to WZAK

It's actually WZAK 93.1, and yes, DL is the new syndicated host on PM drive.

Hopefully, he'll help make ratings stronger in that time slot.

Quote Originally Posted by CleveFan
    It's actually WZAK 93.1, and yes, DL is the new syndicated host on PM drive.

Hopefully, he'll help make ratings stronger in that time slot.
    OMG!

What a doofus I am.

I post so much about 92.3 The fan, it was like a force of habit.

No biggie! It's easy confuse the two frequencies, especially at the 9s and 3s. BTW, 92.3 and WZAK were once sister stations back in the mid to late 1990's from Zebra/Zapis to Chancellor/AM-FM before they split up with CBS (92.3) and Radio One (WZAK).

How do you think D.L. will do on WZAK? I think he'll do well. Hopefully better than Skip Murphy.

Clearbankruptcy.com
    Quote Originally Posted by CleveFan
    No biggie! It's easy confuse the two frequencies, especially at the 9s and 3s. BTW, 92.3 and WZAK were once sister stations back in the mid to late 1990's from Zebra/Zapis to Chancellor/AM-FM before they split up with CBS (92.3) and Radio One (WZAK).

How do you think D.L. will do on WZAK? I think he'll do well. Hopefully better than Skip Murphy.
    I think he'll be OK.

Steve Harvey had a similar professional background to Hughley, and he was able to come into radio later in life and have success, so why not Hughley?

+ Reply to Thread