+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Change at 106.7 as the Kimmer Arrives

Big Change at 106.7 as the Kimmer Arrives

The Kimmer will be taking over the noon-3 shift on "All-News" 106.7 on November 4. There will still be news, weather, traffic and business reports, but the Kimmer will be doing a talk show and taking calls from listeners. His old team will be back, including Jim Gossett (on the newsmaker line) and Pete "Snake" Davis.

Quote Originally Posted by RoddyFreeman View Post
    The Kimmer will be taking over the noon-3 shift on "All-News" 106.7 on November 4. There will still be news, weather, traffic and business reports, but the Kimmer will be doing a talk show and taking calls from listeners. His old team will be back, including Jim Gossett (on the newsmaker line) and Pete "Snake" Davis.
    "All-News" experiment officially ends.

No Obamacare weasels on this Marine's watch.

JVR the Atlanta radio insider must be devastated.

I don't fully see this as a change from full-time news programming, per se. In fact, a few months ago I said that Jennifer Perry needed to be more creative and this is it! What happens to talented people like John Lisk?

This weekend, they added another hour of paid programming from 11pm to Midnight...it's hosted by former Rock 100.5 jock Mike Jones and different Atlanta "attractions" buy time on the program.

Headlines, traffic and weather book-ending opinion/talk is groundbreaking.

Amazed no one else is formatting it in the market.

1) If there's a big signal/format shuffle at Dickey/Cumulus it sounds like AN will not be going away, but wouldn't preclude a move to, say, 100.5.

2) I could see this working...I would guess that noon-3 is probably the worst performing daypart from AM to PM drive and could use a boost. Might be a good alternative to Rush for those who don't care for wall-to-wall talk. Kimmer has always done his show with interruptions for news, traffic, wx, sports, financial, etc. and could probably do it better than most talk show hosts out of the box. You certainly couldn't do that with a syndicated show.

3) Will the Glorious Leslie Dove be returning?
    "When broadcasting over the radio, there are certain words we must omit.
    Like 'BEEP' and 'BUZZ' and 'GOBBLE-GOBBLE', by gosh we can't even say shhhhhaving cream!"

I find it hard to believe that an All News station is bringing back Kim Peterson. I find the Kimmer entertaining, but his show on WGST was entertainment. It's not an engaging discussion of news and events. Hope they keep John Lisk and Cheryl Castro. They're better than the morning crew. What really needs adjusting, from a listeners perspective, is the 5:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. slot.

What will happen to the current noon to 3 news readers?

Quote Originally Posted by RoddyFreeman View Post
    If anyone else posted this, I'd say they were full of it. But Roddy did. So I'm guessing it's true. Roddy, didn't you just do a feature piece on Kimmer recently? I thought he was saying how he was enjoying retirement.

Quote Originally Posted by AMRocks View Post
    If anyone else posted this, I'd say they were full of it. But Roddy did. So I'm guessing it's true. Roddy, didn't you just do a feature piece on Kimmer recently? I thought he was saying how he was enjoying retirement.
    I believe you mean RodNEY Ho's piece on 10/7.
    http://www.accessatlanta.com/weblogs...mmer-peterson/

AFAIK, RODDY isn't posting to his old blog, Atlanta Airwaves anymore.
    7 year insignificant radio career at unforgettable stations: WGHR Southern Tech, WDAK Columbus, WCHK Canton and WSFT Thomaston.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast