• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Mega pick up another signal

Northeast Broadcating is selling 96.5 W243dc to Gois Broadcating . Gois own Tropical Mega 94.9 ( 890 am ) WAMG ( w235cs ) Dedham and Mega 95.1 Lawrence/Lowell ( 1400 Lawrence ) plus stations in Worcester and Hartford CT .

This 96.5 FM translator has been rebroadcasting WXRV 92.5 Haverhill.
"The River" still has boosters on 92.5 in
Boston (2), Newton, Framingham etc

I wonder how'll the station brand itself after this purchase. Will it still be "Mega 94.9" or will it rebrand as "Mega 94.9 y 96.5"?

(Off topic, but Gois needs a better graphics designer, because what in tarnation is that logo? Remember when WAMG and WLLH used to use the WEMG logo? Ahh, the good ol' days.)

I was wondering why WVRV "The River" never mentioned that 96.5 translator, either on the air or on their website. It provides a good signal in downtown and metro Boston. They could've said "92.5 The River, also on 96.5 in Boston!" but they never did.

The 96.5 coverage is mostly redundant for WXRV with their Boston booster now on 92.5 on the Hancock tower.

I wonder how'll the station brand itself after this purchase. Will it still be "Mega 94.9" or will it rebrand as "Mega 94.9 y 96.5"?

(Off topic, but Gois needs a better graphics designer, because what in tarnation is that logo? Remember when WAMG and WLLH used to use the WEMG logo? Ahh, the good ol' days.)
Forget about graphics. They need to hire a new engineer. In Connecticut the 101.7 translator most often sounds like it has too much bass. And although I'm not a Sox fan I noticed the audio during their coverage of Redsox beisbol which they pick up from WAMG sounds awful compared to the English language play by play on WTIC 1080.

Forget about graphics. They need to hire a new engineer. In Connecticut the 101.7 translator most often sounds like it has too much bass. And although I'm not a Sox fan I noticed the audio during their coverage of Redsox beisbol which they pick up from WAMG sounds awful compared to the English language play by play on WTIC 1080.
Why am I not surprised that they have horrible engineering? 🤦🏾‍♂️

La Mega on 96.5 coming in, a bit shaky, in Salem. TOH ID for the various calls and frequencies.Good on high ground then the Mill from NH started cutting in.
The TOH ID did start with the FM translator.

MegaBoston

I heard WHOM loud and clear this morning on 94.9.

I put on 96.5 and they were broadcasting La Mega.

Did they have to adjust the 94.9 output to get 96.5 on ?
I have not been thrilled with the reception of either signal

Found this while doing some research
W235CS at 94.9 MHz in Dedham, Mass., is being sold by Ivon Gois’ Worcester, Mass.-based radio broadcasting company to Blount Masscom Inc.
Blount plans to operate the W235CS via a Time Brokerage Agreement and immediate file with the FCC a primary station change request that would allow the FM translator to rebroadcast Christian Talk & Teaching WILD-AM.

I heard English Language Christian preaching this morning.

Back
Top Bottom