• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WBOS Dead Carrier

There are two country stations within the market, and how many can we add south and west of the city? I know that north of it has a couple out of New Hampshire; and even though it isn't the same market for sales, it's still a saturation of the format regarding audience. Just my theory. I'm sure someone on the inside will have numbers that either support or counter my theory.

There are two country stations within the market, and how many can we add south and west of the city? I know that north of it has a couple out of New Hampshire; and even though it isn't the same market for sales, it's still a saturation of the format regarding audience. Just my theory. I'm sure someone on the inside will have numbers that either support or counter my theory.
WOKQ, WCTK and the like aren't siphoning ad dollars from the Boston stations. I wasn't suggesting that 92.9 go back to country, just noting, as raccoon did, that 'BOS gave up on the format just before country music took off nationally. Country got into a rut in the '10s and cooled down significantly, but the stations that rode out the doldrums until the cusp of the current decade are sitting pretty now. Boston can only support what it has now, a dominant country station and a minor competitor being used more as a flanker.

I’ve always guessed that Beasley launched Classic Rock on 92.9 to take a small chunk of ratings away from iHeart’s successful longtime Classic Rock WZLX, to try to keep WZLX from beating their successful Classic Hits WROR in the ratings (which hasn’t always worked).

I know that the musical formats Classic Rock and Classic Hits are somewhat different, but I’m sure WZLX and WROR share a lot of the same demographic and listeners.
I’m guessing Beasley was hoping that putting WBOS in the Classic Rock mix would slightly disadvantage iHeart’s WZLX against their WROR as those two stations have been in a high ratings battle for the “classic” audience.

There's a word for a gender neutral person in Spanish, it's "Latine." When I say "Latinx" to anyone, and I mean ANYONE who's Spanish dominant, 99% of the time they ask "¿Qué es un latinx?"
Generally, people I have talked with about this find the term useless as it does not pronounce easily in Spanish and ignores the fact that all romance languages are gender based.
Spanish dominant Hispanics are much more familiar with Latine. No need to make a brand new word for it.
I polled some friends and family who are all Spanish dominant but bilingual. None had ever heard of "Latine" as a term. I got, though, the "ay, again the liberal gringos from the East are telling us what to do and say" comment.

Back
Top Bottom