• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WCCT loses license (Cape Cod)

There was a thread about WCCT in 2020
but it was closed due to inactivity so as it
says I can launch a new thread instead:
Fybush.com NERW latest issue says WCCT 90.3 Harwich lost its license. It was off air for awhile after a building was reconatructed, didn't file for a silent STA and Cape Cod Regional Tech didn't consider it a high priority.

Station rebroadcast WBUR for awhile, then WBUH Brewster went on.
Previous:

I don't think WCCT had been on the air since WBUR stopped simulcasting on it, which I believe was when they started simulcasting on 92.7, even before 89.1 went on.

Yes Wikipedia said it was in 2014 that WBUR stopped simulcasting on 90.3
and that was indeed when they shut off.
One post in previous thread said as of 2020 they were supposedly liated as still active on FCC database

While it is a shame that a high school station is gone, this one hadn’t run high school programming in who knows how long. Glad the FCC finally caught up with them, probably 10 years since they were last on the air.

Student run, probably alternative rock, beginning in 1989. Teaching journalism etc. Stopped student shows in 2011.
See Wikipedia entry for WCCT-FM
It is unfortunate when a high school station loses its license. One notable person from our station has been in radio since he was 16. Along with teaching them about radio station operations, they were part of a team, sometimes working with people that weren’t their best friends. When working independently, they had total control over the final product. I still have former students tell me about the fun they experienced in radio.

Radio-locator page said they were rebroadcasting WBUR, which ended 10 years ago. I submitted info that DWCCT-FM had lost its license.
The Wiki page for it said that WBUR had donated a transmitter to them as they had
the simulcast agreement--the 2014 debut of WBUH Brewster meant there was now no need for them to simulcast--it also had been on WSDH Sandwich and WKKL W. Barnstable.

WKKL continues to run alternative. They were off air for close to a year starting in late 2019 due to transmitter problems but a "generous donation from the Cape Cod Community College Educational Foundation" (Wiki) allowed them to get back on and keep the license.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom