• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WGTX buys WBAS Cape Cod; Bittner prog on an HD3

WGTX "X102.3" sounds great when you're on Outer Cape Cod. It's the only HD signal I hear out there in my truck. Hope Gary's able to get more listeners with Bittner's former station.

Meanwhile "WJIB" in Boston is about to be revamped by John Garabedian, should be a nice improvement. Bittner's programming will remain on the air in Bath, Maine.

1240 is also now WGTX (AM) on Radio-Locator, though its format says "unknown", while the WGTX-FM format, which it simulcasts, is listed as "Adult Hits". I'm sure that's just a delay in Radio-Locator getting the AM format change info.

Listen Live links for the WGTX-FM streams - all 128 kbps, 44.1kHz MP3 Stereo
Master page: Listen Live

WGTX HD1: Cape Cod’s X The Greatest Hits On Earth!
Direct stream address: http://stream.x1023.fm/HD1

WGTX HD2: The Whale Nex-Gen Classic Rock
Direct stream address: http://stream.x1023.fm/HD2

WGTX HD3: Acoustic Cafe
Direct stream address: http://stream.x1023.fm/HD3

Last edited:
The WATD site used to have links for WATD, WBMS, and WMEX streams. WMEX sold off, then recently WBMS also sold and now on site there's the WATD stream link but next to it an additional service--WATD Plus. On FB it's said this is a chance to hear sports and other programming--David Wolfson's show, for example.
While it isn't an HD subchannel, good to have more listening options.

WBZ FM has podcasts etc on their HD2

TOH legal ID just now had a recorded Bittner: WJTO, WJIB, WBAS. Ah but the WBAS calls no longer apply [WGTX (AM) now]. On the country oldies show it was after Pistol Packin Mama and before There Ain't Gonna Be No 'nother Time

The 106.5 FM translator for WGTX AM (formerly WBAS) has now gone HD and is broadcasting “The Memories Station” on its HD3, as WGTX-FM also does farther up the Cape.

The 106.5 FM translator is now W293DW. They should’ve kept it W268CP to preserve the heritage call sign.

oh interesting, didn't realize the translator
would go HD--that will help, though how
many people will get an HD radio to hear
it? Maybe late model cars have HD

Radio-locator map for the 106.5--note as usual it's only a rough estimate--and I'm not sure how far its HD3 will go..is it only a percentage of the main signal
re:power?

Last edited:
WATD had a separate stream called WATD Plus for a couple months; now, according to a couple of its DJs via Facebook, it has been shut down. Perhaps they want to save money by eliminating a stream (music royalties etc)
WATD's page used to have links for WATD, WBMS and WMEX. Then WMEX was sold off to L&J Media. More recently WBMS was sold off to Fraternity Broadcastinbg and WATD Plus showed up in its place (making use of the stream?) But the DJs announced that it would end on Sunday--end of the month..

David Wolfson on FB: "I’m listening to WATD-PLUS from www.959watd.com before it goes off the streaming bye bye WATDPLUS"--March 31

The button is still there but now gets a can't connect message.

Speaking of streams and re: the whole Bittner estate/ Garabedian deal, for some reason BobsMemorySration dot com won't show up on Comcast at all. This even happened with my own smart phone; at home, if I was using Comcast wifi it wouldn't work. Turn it off and use Boost Mobile? Worked. As of now BobsMemoryStation has a site and an app; WJIB dot com has a site and not sure if app is on the way or not.

Last edited:
Yes Hanna got paid a buck to put BobsMemoryStation on the HD3 of WGTX-FM 102.3 Truro and on the HD3 of the FM translator for WGTX AM 1240--W293DW 106.5 (W Yarmouth). The sale of the former WBAS has helped Hanna's WGTX to expand greatly his footprint on the Cape, so it's 102.3, 1240, and 106.5 now for his "X102.3"
Bob Perry has explained that the Maine stations are all doing their own thing:
WJTO Bath, WLVP Gorham/Portland and WLAM Lewiston (-Auburn)--all with FM translators.,
The BobsMemoryStation is the HD3s mentioned above, plus site and app.

It was noted in Fybush's column this week that the logo for WJIB under Garabedian currently displays no frequency--as they are awaiting approval for the possible move to 720 (and WJTO, to 750)

Back
Top Bottom