KHHL Silent
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: KHHL Silent

KHHL Silent

KHHL has been Silent for some time now. I guess they ran out of broadband data?
    FM DX in general, dance, mix DJ, computer repair. Favorite all time radio so far: Sangean WR-2.

purpledevil
    Jras, I would suspect that KHHL will remain off the air, only meeting the minimum requirements to hold onto the license until BMP is sold. Very cost effective, as opposed to airing a full-time format or even simulcasting one of San Antonio's stations. It's wrong, it's not right to Karnes City or the surrounding areas where it's licensed to serve, but it's apparently BMP's way of handling the signal that doesn't actually serve San Antonio.

Anonymouse
    The last time I heard KHHL on the air very briefly a week or two ago, it was retransmitting 720 ESPN Deportes but it sounded great. It didn't sound like a phone line anymore.
    Now if that would have lasted more than just an hour or two...

Poor KHHL that station is off the air again. R.I.P.

What will happen to the Cowboys radio network if BMP sales? I hope who ever buys them will also simulcast on KTSA. I enjoy listening to sports on the radio more then watching it on TV.
    FM DX in general, dance, mix DJ, computer repair. Favorite all time radio so far: Sangean WR-2.

Anonymouse
    Last time I listened to the Spurs on WOAI the audio sounded WAY overcompressed, hope they don't do that from now on.
    The Spurs need to come to FM like the Cowboys if you ask me.

FM has it's advantages as does AM, I noticed when listening to the Cowboys on Jack coming back home one afternoon the audio is more compressed.

Anonymouse
    Quote Originally Posted by jras20 View Post
    I noticed when listening to the Cowboys on Jack coming back home one afternoon the audio is more compressed.
    Yeah and that has to do with how the engineer chooses to set it up, in Jack's case it's way overcompressed even with the music.

I guess they are trying to sound more and more like xm sirius radio?

Anonymouse
    Hahaha, could be.

If I were them I'd just have an automatic gain control turned on to boost the quiet parts of music, maybe a little compression to even it out. -- But what they have now is just overkill!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast