• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Dana Hersey, Mugs McGonagle out at North Shore 104.9

Not the first time a popular host was blown out of there... ask Jacky Ankeles

http://www.salemnews.com/opinion/le...cle_f3961214-756b-5dc2-8399-5a89af5bdb01.html

Dana and Mugs probably sold well to us older folks, but I doubt they translated well to the younger P1 the format change was trying to attract.

Plus the 2 of them probably were a drain on the payroll budget.

It is house painting season so Mugs can devote his effort to his other profession.

Dana can now spend more time in Maine.... he was down to 4 days a week in the summer anyway...

Besides Dana is 70 years old..... time to hang up the alarm clock and stick to voice over work

and Kevin James McGonagle looks a lot older than he sounds

Last edited:
WBOQ 104.9, adult contemporary North Shore 104.9., has cancelled morning show with Dana Hersey and Mugs McGonagle.

Has anyone here on this board heard the show with Dana and Mugs? How was it?

I thought the owner was enamored with having Dana host mornings...who must have made it easier to sell local advertising...as everyone knows Dana Hersey ("We'll have Dana Hersey read your spot / endorse your product/restaurant.")

Although I heard he can't (won't) run his own board....and had to be out the door every morning at 9:30-9:45.....and wouldn't work on Fridays.

Maybe they felt they needed a morning guy who could give his full attention to the show, go out on sales calls when needed, and be more active in community events?

It was OK but better suited to oldies.They want to save money.Would guess a new local host coming...a syndie show would not be true to the "keep it local" slogan...yes I think they do run some birdfed stuff but not in AMD?

Hersey known for TV38. Entercom stations moving into the old 38 bldg if not already there (I believe EEI AM/FM and AAF would leave Guest St...then there's MJX, WBX, ODS...from the 38 building, Sports Hub going to Dorchester, ZLX to Medford)

Has anyone here on this board heard the show with Dana and Mugs? How was it?

I listened frequently, up until about a year and a half ago when Dana started making derogatory statements about my union and former co workers.

I'd rather listen to Phlash Phelps on Sirius X Sixties on 6 anyway.

But as for Dana and Mugs, it all wasn't a bad product, but it was not ready for major market prime time.

My biggest turn off, as far as segments went, was the crunchy granola crap with the mid day host Downtown Katherine Brown.... I don't need a lecture on healthy living from a effn DJ, it went way too long and was a real turn off.... and I turned it off trust me.

But the daily reports looking out the window of their station of the goings on at the North Beverly train station were riveting.....

Same person diff names?
>>Amesbury, Massachusetts · Afternoon Drive Radio Announcer · 98.7, The Bay WBYY/Binnie Media
View Meryl Goldsmith / Lindsey Robbins' profile on LinkedIn, the world's largest professional community. Meryl Goldsmith / has 11 jobs ...

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Back
Top Bottom