• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Darrell Brown (Freelance Cameraman) Assaulted by a vigilante mob in Perth, Aus

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ights-vigilante-mob-think-hes-paedophile.html

In the articles the Cameraman in question was filming for the city of Perth, Australia at the time of the attack. In the attack 3 men went after Darrell Brown after they heard allegations of Misconduct by the accuser and it lead to brutality by civilian.

Turns out the cameraman was covering a Christmas event at the time of the attack.

A cameraman was assaulted, pinned to the ground and interrogated by cops after a mother wrongly accused him of being a paedophile as he filmed Christmas lights.

Darrell Brown, 55, had been hired by the City of Perth and another client to film the city’s annual Christmas light display.

But the father-of-two, who has shot for the likes of 60 Minutes, Lonely Planet and the Discovery Channel, soon found himself at the mercy of a violent vigilante gang.

One man almost choked him by pressing down on his neck and even rubbed his face into the road.

‘We seem to be living in a paranoid world,’ he told Daily Mail Australia.

‘Once those people decided I was guilty, they were no longer interested in the truth, so they weren’t looking for it.

‘None of those people asked me for my side of the story, no one wanted to see my business card. I had all the evidence on me, but once people make a decision about who you are, you can’t change it.

‘When people think they are right and have already decided you’re the enemy, it raises their level of righteousness and their ability to be violent against you.’

Part 2

Recalling the frightening incident, he said: 'The time I was worried was when I was on the ground, and the guy had me pinned. Straight away I thought this guy must be an off-duty cop or military, because he knew what I was doing.

'I was trying to get a breath and tell him "I'm a professional, freelance cameraman" and I couldn't breathe.'

He soon found his expensive camera ripped from his hands while the woman continued to scream, and was told he was under citizens arrest.

The ordeal went on for nearly 40 minutes, until the police finally arrived - who were also not convinced about his innocence thanks to the frenzied mob.

'The police finally come and put me through the third degree,' he explained.

'As far as they are concerned I'm guilty until I prove my innocence.

I don't blame the 3 men for beating up Darrell Brown in this case. These men were most likely pressured in that instance that they had a responsibility to stop misconduct by society Ie (Political Leaders, Law Enforcement and Courts) or they themselves would get accused "Turning a Blind eye" as been discussed for the past 2.5 years.

Turns out Darrell Brown was innocent of the allegations in this instance though.

Last edited:
His first mistake was wearing the word "MEDIA" where crazy people could see it. Under the current political climates of most places, it's begging to be killed.
Media folks need to travel with a small army of armed guards nowadays...even if they just are going to the bathroom.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Back
Top Bottom