• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Margo Out at KIRO 7??

Saw a post on the P-I's website that KIRO 7 has hired a new weeknight news anchor to replace Margo Myers.

It mentions that the News Director claims Margo will continue anchoring the noon news. I thought Margo was very capable on the evening news, but didn't make the transition to that role as well as I'd hoped. I still found myself tuning into to Jean/Lori & Dennis over at King or Kathi and Dan at KOMO.

This means that in eight years, KIRO will be on its fourth evening news co-anchor (Susan Hutchinson, Kristy Lee, Margo Myers, and the new girl). I've always thought Steve Raible was the weak link on the evening news (well, Kristy Lee was a bad fit, no matter who sat next to her).

In other former KOMO morning news now at KIRO news, it seems Todd Johnson, who signed onto KIRO last summer doing weekend weather work, is now doing only fill in work. His bio is still on the website, but they've hired a new guy to be their permanent weekend weatherman. Not sure what his long term situation is.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom