• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Mississppi stations sold

Larry Wilson’s L&L Broadcasting Buys Triad Broadcasting’s 32 Radio Stations. The rumors were rampant that Larry Wilson was about to announce a deal to buy more radio stations and the one about Triad turns out to be true. The former Citadel chief and current head of Alpha Broadcasting in Portland, Oregon enters into a deal to purchase Triad Broadcasting’s 32 stations in five markets: Biloxi, Mississippi; Bluefield, West Virginia; Fargo, North Dakota; Hilton Head Island, South Carolina/Savannah, Georgia; and Peoria, Illinois.

The rest of the story is on the home page of this site.

The monikers being sold are 96.7 The Champ (WUJM), Bob 105.9 (WQBB), 107.1 The Monkey (WXYK), and 97.9 WCPR

I hope they won't mess with 107.1 the monkey, 97.9 CPR, and Bob 105.9. I like these stations very much!!!! But I hope they will change the format on 96.7 to ethier hip pop or edm because this sport radio isn't cut it.

Bummer. I was hoping to read that radio satan S--t Channel had sold off the Biloxi stations to someone that would make them actual, local broadcasting outlets again. Oh well, with Bob I hope the new owners choose to add real air talent to the station. I like the format, not the canned personality.

radiorock89xfm said:
I hope they won't mess with 107.1 the monkey, 97.9 CPR, and Bob 105.9. I like these stations very much!!!! But I hope they will change the format on 96.7 to ethier hip pop or edm because this sport radio isn't cut it.

Sports talk is the most profitable format on radio. Not only that, but most smaller-market sports stations will have one or two local hosts and run off the bird the rest of the time, thus reducing overhead. If the new owners see fit to run a hip-hop format, they need to do their due diligence because it's not one to be run on the cheap.

Doesn't JZ94.5 run a good amount of hip-hop at night and on the weekends? As long as Rip Daniels is in control, I don't see them getting away from what they're doing now.

I don't think there's a lot to worry about. He named this new group L&L for "live and local." Other small owners I've spoken with say Larry's a good guy.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom