• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Song called Power of love from circa 1990

This is proving very hard to Google, because of the Jennifer Rush and Huey Lewis hits of the same name.

There is a good chance my memory is playing tricks, but I'm sure there was an AOR track from 1990 or 1991 with this name.

The best I can recall, it wasn't a hit in the UK, but was played here on the American top 40 show. It contrasted a rich guy who's wife had left him with a poor guy who hadn't much money but did have " the power of love".

Please put me out of my misery!

Could it be the Luther Vandross song (which isn't a cover)? It came out in 1991. Celine Dion's cover came out in 1993/1994

If it's an AOR track, could it be "Two Princes" by the Spin Doctors? I know it's not the title you are looking for, but the subject matter is right and the song was out in 1991. Hope this helps!

Ah, found it. It was called 'power windows '.

In my defence it does include the line "power of love" in the chorus. And it was thirty years ago :D

Ah, found it. It was called 'power windows '.

In my defense it does include the line "power of love" in the chorus. And it was thirty years ago :D

Yes, the song Power Windows is by Billy Falcon from the album Pretty Blue World (1991). To my ears, it's reminiscent of something John Mellencamp would write.

Slightly off topic, Rush has an album called Power Windows (from 1985). In one word: masterpiece! :cool:

Finally, I prefer Power Of Love by King's X. Do yourself a favor BMR and You Tube it! :cool:

There was also a CCM song called The Power of Love by Mark Heard from 1985, but I figured that it probably didn't get airplay in the UK.

There was also a CCM song called The Power of Love by Mark Heard from 1985, but I figured that it probably didn't get airplay in the UK.

Almost certainly none at all. It's only in very recent years religious radio stations have been allowed in the UK.

Ironically I've just listened to Billys most recent album and that has several Christian tracks on there.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Back
Top Bottom