• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Vintage newspaper TV guide supplements

What vintage newspaper TV guide supplements do you have?

I have quite a few, and here are some:

San Jose Mercury News, TV, week of Jan. 1-7, 1989 (New Year's week)

mercurynewstv1989.jpg

San Bernardino County Sun, TV Week, week of Aug. 31-Sept. 6, 1997

sanbernardinocountysuntvweek1997.jpg

Honolulu Star-Bulletin, TV Hawaii, week of Sept. 16-22, 2001 (not long after 9/11)

honolulustarbulletintvhawaii2001.jpg

Los Angeles Times, TV Times, week of Feb. 2-8, 2003 (cover is partially obscured by DISH Network ad attached)

latimestvtimes2003.jpg

I have full newspaper guides from the Seattle Times (September 1988, October 1991), the August 31st, 1997 TV Week from the Everett (WA) Herald, a 1981 TV Week from the Yakima Herald-Republic, along with part of an August 1993 TV Week from the Yakima Herald. It is missing the cover and a few other pages, but most of the days are in there. They are fun to look at and I have pulled off some of the listings already.

I have full newspaper guides from the Seattle Times (September 1988, October 1991), the August 31st, 1997 TV Week from the Everett (WA) Herald, a 1981 TV Week from the Yakima Herald-Republic, along with part of an August 1993 TV Week from the Yakima Herald. It is missing the cover and a few other pages, but most of the days are in there. They are fun to look at and I have pulled off some of the listings already.

And I have much more than the ones I showed you as well-- quite a few, as a matter of fact; thanks for that response! I'll have to dig them out and put 'em up here (the ones I have [both that I've showed up here, and that I have yet to show], I got mostly from EBay).

A cable conversion guide from any of those would sound interesting!

The late Los Angeles Herald-Examiner's TV Weekly was always kept nearby, even if their channel listings back in the day were identical to TV Guide in the area. (Santa Barbara, L.A. and San Diego). Unlike TV Guide, TV Weekly didn't use the channel bullet graphic.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Back
Top Bottom