• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Nassau-Suffolk (Long Island) Radio Ratings: September 2023

pjc1961

Star Participant
Covering the survey period from Thu. 8/17/2023 thru Wed. 9/13/2023, age 6+ overall:

Alternate view: RadioOnline.com - Nassau-Suffolk Ratings - Sept. '23

For the first time for the Nassau-Suffolk market,
Top 5+ demo rankings analysis from the Research Director Inc. "Hot Topics" blog:
(scroll down to see Nassau-Suffolk market)

25-54: 1. WBAB 2. WHTZ (down from #1) 3. WCBS-FM 4. WLTW 5. WBLI 6T. WKTU 6T. WALK
18-34: 1. WBLI 2T. WHTZ 2T. WLTW (down from #1) 4. WBZO (up from #16) 5. WBAB
_______ 15T. WSKQ (down from #3) 15T. WAXQ 15T. WNEW
18-49: 1. WHTZ 2. WLTW 3T. WBAB 3T. WBLI 5. WCBS-FM (up from #8) 6. WALK (down from #3)

If not the drivel that WABC is currently featuring, what drivel would you propose for them that anyone in a money demo would actually listen to?

At least, they realize the hurricane they're facing and choosing to lean into it. And getting some cume and TSL in the process, even if it's in the "ancient" end of the age range.

No suggestions regarding WABC. More surprised that WBLI's share is so low.
Actually, that one's easier to pontificate on. (If the pontiff won't object.) Ask yourself which demo that music and format are aimed at, and where those folks are going these days to hear that kind of music. And how many consecutive commercial spots they're willing to sit through before engaging their phone app.

As radio still hasn't figured out, you can only screw the pooch so many times before the pooch bites back.

If I owned WBLI, I'd be happy it's #1 18-34, #3 18-49 and #5 25-54. Long Island ratings swing back and forth. Since no stations cover the entire island, a lot depends on where the people meters go, closer to NYC or closer to Eastern LI.

I am surprised that WALK-FM only gets a tie for #6 18-49 and 25-54. Not seen in the 18-34 demo, even though it's Hot AC. There was a time when WALK-FM was consistently #1. But that was when it had a line up of great DJs and a four-person news department. WALK-FM may have the strongest signal on the island, covering much of Suffolk County and a small chunk of Nassau County.

If I owned WBLI, I'd be happy it's #1 18-34, #3 18-49 and #5 25-54. Long Island ratings swing back and forth. Since no stations cover the entire island, a lot depends on where the people meters go, closer to NYC or closer to Eastern LI.

I am surprised that WALK-FM only gets a tie for #6 18-49 and 25-54. Not seen in the 18-34 demo, even though it's Hot AC. There was a time when WALK-FM was consistently #1. But that was when it had a line up of great DJs and a four-person news department. WALK-FM may have the strongest signal on the island, covering much of Suffolk County and a small chunk of Nassau County.
WALK gets all the way up past Meriden in Connecticut. Definitely the strongest LI signal in that area. For years, I assumed the station was in Norwalk, based on its call letters.

Back
Top Bottom