• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Scott Reiniche leaves WPLM

PD Scott Reiniche just posted on his personal Facebook page that he will be leaving Easy 99.1. I’m not sure what the reason is, but I do know the station will not be the same. He did such a good job programming the station, and I have to say I’m a bit worried about what will happen, and I hope they don’t change too much.

I talked to Kevin briefly (I think) shortly after Scott announced his departure. He didn’t say much but he said nothing is gonna change, at least as of right now. I know he was PD before. Scott said on Facebook that it was his decision, and I guess he got into an argument with the general manager. Kevin actually didn’t seem very happy when I talked to him. Are you sure he’s gonna become the PD? What do you think will end up happening?

I just found this article:

Too bad - enjoyed his work there.

Must be a tough place. That huge signal but basically a small market operation and probably a small budget.

Too bad - enjoyed his work there.

Must be a tough place. That huge signal but basically a small market operation and probably a small budget.
I remember the early '80s when Campbell Broadcasting, which owned WPLM at the time, somehow won the Red Sox radio contract -- I think Jack Campbell's personal friendship with ownership might have been a factor -- and WPLM suddenly became the network flagship. The audio sent down the line to the affiliates was tin-cans-and-string quality much of the time.

I have seen several Facebook posts by Scott himself on his personal page. He actually said they were telling him the playlist is too broad, surprisingly. He also said that the station had the best ratings on all of the south shore. I mean, what's wrong with having the playlist too broad? I know that some of the bigger stations usually try to avoid playing a lot of oh-wow songs because they don't believe that a lot of people are familiar with them. And the reason why they weren't played much was because not enough people liked them. But as I said, it doesn't sound like much is changing with the station right now. I don't know what the future holds, though.

Apparently, Scott Reiniche is doing some DJ gigs for various functions (maybe he was doing this while still at WPLM-1390/99.1), as a recent issue of the Norwood Record (published in my hometown of Norwood, Massachusetts) has an item about the 50th anniversary reunion of Norwood High School's 1973 graduating class in October and that Reiniche would be "spinning" music there (presumably, although not mentioned in the article, he'd be playing the big hit records of the early 1970's, while these alumni were attending Norwood High).

Back
Top Bottom