• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

A startup is giving away 500,000 55" 4K HDR TVs. Here's how to get one

That company could make a version of that TV made for pubs, etc without the spying part.
That would require them to source, produce, market and sell a product. Too hard. Their business model is based on collecting a whole bunch of demographic data and contact details from people enticed to supply them on the strength of the vague promise of maybe a free TV, and then disappearing. Far easier than making anything.

That would require them to source, produce, market and sell a product. Too hard. Their business model is based on collecting a whole bunch of demographic data and contact details from people enticed to supply them on the strength of the vague promise of maybe a free TV, and then disappearing. Far easier than making anything.
Somewhat unrelated, but your comment reminds me of a discussion I had with my dad just a few weeks ago. He was talking about all the internet and phone schemes out there, and how crafty some of these people are becoming. He said "Imagine what these people could do if they'd just get a real job and earn a living". I had to remind him how much $$ there is in fraud, phishing schemes and the like - and as you point out, data collection and mining. Why would these folks get a "real job" when they can make much more $$ doing what they're doing? In the case of fraudsters and those running phishing schemes, so long as they have no conscience about ripping people and in some cases corporations off, they can do incredibly well financially.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Back
Top Bottom