• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

ACTORS WHO COULDN'T STAND EACH OTHER BUT YOU NEVER WOULDVE KNOWN IT.

I saw a documentary on the Andy Griffith show where Andy Griffith addressed his relationship with Frances Bavier. I'm paraphrasing, but he said that she really didn't like him and he didn't know why. He went on to say that he had nothing against her.

Belly buttons were a big deal only on selected stars. Annette Funicello had the same problem because Uncle Walt did not want her appearing in anything but one-piece in all her beach movies.

That must have carried over into current times. Just 5 or so years ago, my daughter was a 'tween' Disney Channel viewer. I noticed that despite the popularity of short shirts/blouses and bare midriffs at the time, absolutely NO Disney Channel females showed bare midriffs or belly buttons.

Mel Blanc was notoriously rude to other "voice" actors he worked with. I recall Jean Vander Pyl (the voice of Wilma Flintstone) saying that after Bea Benadaret (the original voice of Betty Rubble) died, he treated Gerri Johnson, the young actress who replaced her, like he was scraping her off his shoes. She said she never knew why, as she not only got along well with Ms. Johnson, but felt she did a fine job in the part. (Mel played Barney Rubble, Betty's husband.)

This is a long thread, so this may have been mentioned before - but I remember hearing at the time Moonlighting was on the air (mid-late 80s), Cybill Sheppard and Bruce Willis didn't care for each other much. Though Willis seems like he could be a difficult person, Sheppard has a decades long reputation for being a diva. She reportedly also butted heads with Christine Baranski on the set of her 90s sitcom Cybill because Baranski's character was getting a lot of media attention.

Partly as a follow-up to an earlier post re Brad Pitt's hygiene impairments (and to lighten things up), Carrie Fisher said she had trouble keeping a straight face in "Star Wars" while reading a line referring to Peter Cushing's villainous character, "I recognize his foul stench in this," because, she said, Cushing always smelled of lilac cologne and Colgate's toothpaste!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Back
Top Bottom