• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

How did 'Deep Throat' ever become mainstream in 1972?

It's basically the Wikipedia of film and TV. And, assuming that entry was there before the Poynter piece from 2005, IMDB was smaller then and very likely less well-vetted.
I was submitting reviews to imdb back then. Once when a TV movie wasn't listed, they asked me to submit its credits. I don't know when that was. The result was a mess.

Deep Throat also was shown on some college campuses either at the time or a few years later. I've heard Dr. Drew mention on Loveline that he went to see it on a college campus, when he and Adam Carolla were discussing how bizarre the 1970s was.

Deep Throat also was shown on some college campuses either at the time or a few years later. I've heard Dr. Drew mention on Loveline that he went to see it on a college campus, when he and Adam Carolla were discussing how bizarre the 1970s was.

I wasn't aware of it, but here's some background:

Back
Top Bottom