• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

How do I get out of here?

• Thread starter Deleted member 109741
  • Start date

D

Deleted member 109741

Thought I was signing up for something else! How do I close this account?

Love that film! "I understand that they are going to tear you down and put up an office bldg where you standing!" "Oh don't get mad and leave in a huff...relax and leave in a minute and a huff!"

My fave---wish I could find the clip---Captain Spaulding (Groucho) is presenting a hand-carved African chest from his recent safari as a gift to Mrs Rittenhouse at the party:

(Groucho, with hand on his own chest)

"This magnificent...no..."

(Groucho gestures to Mrs Rittenhouse)

(Groucho gestures toward the hand-carved African chest)

"This magnificent chest...."

The glories of pre-Hays code movies.

My fave---wish I could find the clip---Captain Spaulding (Groucho) is presenting a hand-carved African chest from his recent safari as a gift to Mrs Rittenhouse at the party:

(Groucho, with hand on his own chest)

(Groucho gestures to Mrs Rittenhouse)

(Groucho gestures toward the hand-carved African chest)

"This magnificent chest...."

The glories of pre-Hays code movies.
Speaking of the Hays Office, something else that comes to mind is W.C. Field's hysterical short: "The Dentist". Fields is actually laying on top of his female patient, with her legs literally wrapped around his body! This could not possibly have passed muster just a couple of years later!

I just realized that we are probably off-topic, but then it occurred to me that our little thread here doesn't actually have a topic does it?🙃

Speaking of the Hays Office, something else that comes to mind is W.C. Field's hysterical short: "The Dentist". Fields is actually laying on top of his female patient, with her legs literally wrapped around his body! This could not possibly have passed muster just a couple of years later!

I just realized that we are probably off-topic, but then it occurred to me that our little thread here doesn't actually have a topic does it?🙃
A thread about nothing! Too bad the poster got his/her request granted so quickly and most likely has no idea what a fascinating non-topic that original post has turned out to be.

Sorry, I couldn't determine what this thread was even about. Scrolled through about three posts and decided to pass.

Well, you see, there was this person who registered, but thought the group was about something else but instead of just not coming back wanted their account deleted and chose to post here (in introductions, which they never introduced in the first place), asking how they could get out, which led to my posting Groucho singing "Hello, I Must Be Going", a discussion of the Hays Code, Margaret Dumont, W.C. Fields, Monty Python's Argument Clinic, Dandy Don Meredith and friends serenading us, followed by an off-topic (EDIT: but not really, if you listen to the lyrics) Jimi Hendrix track and a surprisingly on-topic Animals track.

I paged you just for fun.

3b8203c4a4beb56ef1168bb3b6304323.jpg

Last edited:
Well, you see, there was this person who registered, but thought the group was about something else but instead of just not coming back wanted their account deleted and chose to post here (in introductions, which they never introduced in the first place), asking how they could get out, which led to my posting Groucho singing "Hello, I Must Be Going", a discussion of the Hays Code, Margaret Dumont, W.C. Fields, Monty Python's Argument Clinic, Dandy Don Meredith and friends serenading us, followed by an off-topic Jimi Hendrix track and a surprisingly on-topic Animals track.
Ah got it, thanks. You confirmed I made the right decision to pass. ;)

Back
Top Bottom