• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Howie Carr WRKO

Just heard an announcement that Howie Carr has signed a lengthy deal with IHR.

Also Grace Curley, starting on 1/4, will be taking over the noon to slot 3pm once held by VB.

Not sure if the Bill O'Reilly 15 minute spot will be still making a presence from 1200 to 12:15.

Just heard an announcement that Howie Carr has signed a lengthy deal with IHR.

Also Grace Curley, starting on 1/4, will be taking over the noon to slot 3pm once held by VB.

Not sure if the Bill O'Reilly 15 minute spot will be still making a presence from 1200 to 12:15.

It's better to steal 15-minutes from a local program than to steal 15 minutes from Rush's opening segment, IMHO.

What's the shortest run a radio show has ever had?

And will Curley's beat the record?

Great news....it's about time that air head is gone from howie's show.....yeah yeah, she brings in young conservatives...bla bla bla...I can't stand her. I wonder if she's the reason Steve left? At least now Taylor will be able to get a word in here and there!

SE Cupp or 'Kennedy' what they are hoping for? Or maybe a Bristol Palin? I've not heard her yet so I'll try to see what the deal is.

Howie said the other day that some listeners were hoping he was announcing his retirement. Not the new talk show.

Howie said the other day that some listeners were hoping he was announcing his retirement. Not the new talk show.

My take is he's setting her up to take over when he retires. That way he owns a piece and get's the gift that keeps on giving.

Howie will only retire when people stop buying stuff at his store and he can't sell any more books.

Since the new show announcement, I've noticed Grace repositioning herself a bit. I think she played up the millennial 'balloonhead' character for laughs (particularly when she first starting coming on the show), but is now pivoting away from it. Contrary to that angle, she's quite intelligent and has learned a lot about politics in only a few years time.

I wonder how this makes Nancy Sandy Shack feel. She is back to screening calls for the Crazy Kuhner Report. I will say she is a Master Talk Radio Producer.

I wonder how this makes Nancy Sandy Shack feel. She is back to screening calls for the Crazy Kuhner Report. I will say she is a Master Talk Radio Producer.
why'd she part ways with howie to begin with.

probably not as bad as VB, who was replaced with an airhead.

why'd she part ways with howie to begin with.

probably not as bad as VB, who was replaced with an airhead.
Nancy Sandy Shack Morrison left Howie because she got her own noon to three show over on the now defunct WMEX. Howie never announced she was leaving and never said a word about it until one day a caller asked where "Sandy" went....and IIRC he only said something like she's no longer working here.

Their schedule shows Howie Carr and the previous 2 hours with Bob Sellers as "American Agenda".
Each 4:00 block on the schedule shows "American Agenda," though one later in the week still has the Howie Carr Show caption below it. He still remains on the Host Bios section.

>>Different studio
Howie could be doing the show from Florida. The other day he had a phone interview with I believe a gym owner in New Jersey.Tech problem--listeners could still hear the guest talk but Howie
couldn't. Howie said maybe they could have the
man call in later.Taylor Cormier _could_ hear the caller and jumped in to ask questions.
Taylor most likely in Boston while Howie in
what Rush would call The Southern Command.

>>Different studio
Howie could be doing the show from Florida. The other day he had a phone interview with I believe a gym owner in New Jersey.Tech problem--listeners could still hear the guest talk but Howie
couldn't. Howie said maybe they could have the
man call in later.Taylor Cormier _could_ hear the caller and jumped in to ask questions.
Taylor most likely in Boston while Howie in
what Rush would call The Southern Command.
Howie is broadcasting from Florida and the twit is with him.

Howie has been broadcasting from Florida for most of the fall. He was broadcasting from Newsmax studios until this week. Still no word as to what's going on with Newsmax.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Back
Top Bottom